Job posting: Campaign Consultant position available
February 1, 2012
The Rideau Institute is seeking a full-time campaign consultant for its social enterprise, RI Services. The candidate must be committed to championing progressive policy campaigns for leading non-profit organizations and trade unions.
RI Services is a full-service communications and advocacy firm providing professional media relations, online engagement and government relations services to progressive organizations. It draws upon the experience, relationships and strategic team of the Rideau Institute, the well-known research and advocacy organization founded in 2006. It is located in Ottawa on the historic Sparks Street Mall, one block from Parliament Hill.
The position is ideal for recent graduates or policy activists starting their careers, who wish to assist national and international organizations working in areas of development, the environment, technology, consumer affairs, trade, social justice, and foreign policy.
Campaign Consultant, RI Services
• Working with clients directly on contract deliverables, including writing MP meeting requests, preparing communications materials and briefing notes, developing website/social media campaigns, organizing special events, etc. (60%)
• Identifying and developing new business opportunities, and working with the president to prepare proposals for prospective clients. (20%)
• Monitoring parliamentary developments on files being tracked. (10%)
• Administrative and financial management of RI Services business, including service and supplier contracts, accounts payable/receivable, assisting the bookkeeper, etc. (5%)
• Fostering relationships with clients, decision makers and opinion leaders by attending special events, socials, etc. (5%)
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant area or field
• Demonstrated interest in progressive policy issues related to our clients’ interests, such as campaign organizing, media relations, advocacy, community development
• Experience working in a non-governmental organization, political party or MP’s office, media outlet, government relations or public research firm, or equivalent
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced, small office environment managing five or more projects at once
• Knowledge of MS Office products (Outlook, Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint), basic HTML, Web and social media applications (WordPress, Icontact, Hootsuite or Tweetdeck, Facebook, Wufoo, etc.)
• Excellent written English and conversational French required.
$40,000-$44,000 per year, depending upon years of previous experience, with the opportunity to advance quickly. 1 yr contract. FT (35 hrs/wk) with normal vacation and extra time during December holidays. Monthly health benefit.
Must be based in Ottawa and prepared to work at the downtown office in a semi-open office concept.
Please send a letter of interest, CV, and any written samples, social media contact information, or links to written samples you would like to have considered to email@example.com. Deadline: EOD Friday, February 10, 2012.